Both work are outsorcing projects (i.e. my de facto and de jure employers differ).
On my contract, both sides can terminate in 2 weeks during the trial period (which is far to expire now).
I've contacted my current (de jure) employer, and explained him the situation. He reacted with panic.
As I see, I have a situation where moral is against the business reality. But why they didn't write a much longer termination period then?
Anyways, what to do?
P.s. if it matters: it is Germany, and I am a foreigner here, with much worser possibilities on the job market as the native Germans. If I am laid off, it can be even a half year to find a new job, while a native German finds it on the spot (at least in the IT). Thus, risking to lose a job is a very bad thing for me, but the current situation is exactly the opposite: I need the switch to a new one.
When he employed me, I was an unemployed foreigner trying to desperately find a job. Maybe he underestimated my market value. Or overestimated my trustworthiness?
Both job pays enough well. The second offer pays only a little bit better. Which is much important: it is a very good name on the market. My current employer is a bad name.
P.s.4: If I start to work on a new project, in the first some weeks I am much less productive. If I step out early, all what I did, will have essentially a negative worth in the project.
P.s.5.: Although it is my dilemma, the reasons, how to decide in a such case, have value in a general sense as well. What are the reasons? How to decide between moral and rationality?