The company I am applying for has 25 employees and is lead by the heads of marketing, personell, project management, and development.
I am offered the position of a CTO (head of development). My strengths and late experience has been in project and product management, group lead, CTO, and software architecture and less in the nitty gritty stuff of programming.
The company is well established (15 years plus).
What questions should I ask before accepting this position? I thought about questions regarding
- Who is our true customer
- Basic values towards share holders, employees, and customers
- Which numbers will I be measured against, is the company measured against
- What limitations are set on strategical decisions
- How do we create an environment of creativity
- How do we improve working as a team, company culture, and employee motivation
- What kind of risks have you lay awake at night