This question already has an answer here:
I had got good salary offer and position from this MNC company from different city than I'm in currently.
However I got Counteroffer + Retention Bonus from my current employer and I have taken the decision to stay here.
Reason of holding back with current employer is because I have lot of job hops in my resume (No of years = No of job hops) also I'm comfortable staying with the current employer.
But I'm confused that how should I approach new employer to inform this decision without burning bridge with this new employer and Should I inform thru email and wait for them to notice OR call the HR inform him and then formally tell the same on email?
Just for information if this matters, we have 2 months of notice period in my region and it's been 20 days since I have accepted the offer.