I'm a part-time employee (full-time student) on a limited-time contract and I'm in my last two weeks of my three-months probation. The decision has been planned and is not rushed, however failure to resign within the last two weeks means that quitting afterwards requires a longer notice period and I'd like to take the easy way out if possible. I'd like to take the opportunity to quit today, but all of my bosses are out of the office. Now I have a few choices and am unsure which one I should choose:
Give my notice to the HR department regardless of the availability of my bosses.
Wait until Monday and hand it in to my boss.
I would also like to discuss my departure with my coworker whom I spend a lot of time with. Is it a good idea to do so ahead of my resignation, as in talk to her about it today if I'm planning on waiting until Monday to tell my bosses/HR?