I just started a new job as software developer for the clinical market. I will be coding and supporting Sales and customers, and I am trying to organise my time as efficiently as possible. I realised that I need to:
- absorb as much information as possible about my new company
- stay up to date with the company in the news (some things reach media before we are told internally)
- stay up to date with competitors and the market itself: news and articles
- stay up to date with technological developments and new opportunities: news, articles, scientific papers
- keep learning new things on the coding side
I can see two problems with this: first, I am not sure how much time I should allocate for this, as I will always be too busy to free time in general. Second, I think that absorbing and keeping track of all this information would exhaust my energy, and I need to find an efficient way to do this. Is there any best practice for this?