The person in question is a hobbyist programmer since their childhood and wants to make a transition to junior developer. S/he has never worked before.
A few facts about the person:
- The person is passionate about programming, and quite knowledgeable as well.
- S/he knows his/her data structures and algorithms.
- Knows 2 languages - in one his fairly proficient.
- S/he doesn't have university education - studied CS for one year and then had to quit.
- S/he has a portfolio on GitHub with 3/4 small applications.
- S/he participates on Stack Overflow with reputation around 1500+.
S/he had 2 psychotic episodes in his/her life when s/he was convinced everyone was talking about him/her behind his/her back. The person believed that there were cameras everywhere watching him/her, and grandiose thinking that s/he is special in some way and has some special mission from God. The person had to be hospitalized and their symptoms receded after 1 month of care. Now s/he is on daily medication and acts/thinks like the average person.
Could such a person be hired? What questions should s/he be prepared for?