I'm currently leaving my own employer, a service provider company, to work for my current customer. With my position, the legal delay period once i give my resignation is 3 month. If the employer agree it can be shortened. And the employer can refuse holidays within that period and paid them instead.
The customer company is used to recruit employees from my current company so there is no problem du to any kind of contract.
Because the paperworks and so on took like 2 month more than expected and now here is the situation :
- I want to quit my current Job
- I want to take all my holydays before the end of the resignation's period (up to 3 month)
- I'd like to have this transfer finish as soon as possible, it's already lasting for quite some time.
- I had no interview with my current employer since i got the job 1 year ago, so i have no relationship with them.
My question is what is the best approach to handle this :
- Talk with my current employer before giving the letter of resignation to see how we can handle this ?
- Take my holidays now then give the letter after it and negociate to shortened the period after ?
Note : i'm in France for information.