- A company states that it does not require its employees to work overtime.
- About 90% of its employees work extra hours because they get paid for it, or they even work when they do not get paid extra.
- There is a worker who sometimes works until 4 AM, not because of some emergency situation such as a server crash, but just to meet a deadline and they do not even ask for extra money.
- Colleagues who work the most overtime are praised often and encouraged to race against each other in terms of number of hours worked.
You are a person for whom standard hours are more than enough (the money earned is also enough). How can you avoid being undervalued as a 9-to-5 developer and seen as unproductive person while 90% of colleagues put in paid and unpaid overtime?
One more condition:
- You want not only work maximum to standard hours, but also include in those hours learning. http://lifehacker.com/what-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-started-my-career-as-a-softwa-1681002791 see first point.