I have already gone through How to deal with team member openly discrediting me across the company? How to deal with a team member who keeps making mild belittling insults in front of everyone? How to handle a dis-agreeing team member?
Current situation is:
- I have team of 5 people under me, me being QA Lead in an IT company.
- I have only been with this company for 6 months and working like a horse, day and night. Company and Customer both praises/admires my work and quality.
- One of the team member has been here for 5 years and in the same position for those 5 years, has strong gut feeling that they won't fire him.
He simply doesn't follow whatever you say to him, this sometimes causes problems ending up complaints from customer. What I tried?
- Talking to him one to one so that he know, that I knows the best and its benefit to both company and him that we discuss and then do things.
- Talked to him in presence of Manager (my senior) and made him understand that he has to follow me.
- Giving him bad appraisal score.
- Also tried being nice to him.
- Try to boycott him by not giving any work to him, but that backfired on me.
In all above situations he instead of taking feedback or listen to us he finger-pointed us. Finally he is still in company, got good appraisal score. What I got is, that being a experienced person I can't handle team or I don't know team management.
Please suggest how can I fix this?