I had video interview 2 months ago while abroad and followed up with an email after a month; they were still in the interview process. Fast forward to now, I'm back in the states and was thinking by following up with suggesting an in-person interview. Not sure if I should and if so not sure how to go about it.
While I think that you could contact them again to say that you are physically available again, I don't think that you should propose a face-to-face interview.
You don't have all the details of the hiring process. Maybe they don't need another interview. Maybe they are waiting for some budget, maybe they already have someone, etc.
While you can be active to arrange details, the decision to have an interview or not lies with the hiring company. Not the candidate.