I've been reading a lot of questions & answers about how to ask for a raise, but now I would really love to know whom I should ask to.
To give you a little insight on the company I'm working for:
- The company is German
- I work in the HQ in Germany
- A total of ~5000 people work in the whole company (~2000 in the HQ)
- HQ is divided in buildings, which are scattered around the city
- The building where I work is basically the R&D one, HR is in another building
- I don't have any person working under me
- My leader reports to his boss, which is the head of R&D
- The head of R&D reports to the management
Should I sit with my leader and discuss the possibility of a raise, should I directly involve the HR, or do I need to consult the R&D head?