I am working in a new company now.

At previous company, I was working for a year.It is a small company which has 10 to 15 staffs. I passed the probation after 3 months, but there is no documentation, just an email. I continued working. I leave there after I worked 1 year. I sent the employer a resignation email. We had a short leave interview and He agreed me to leave.

I don't have any letter to prove my previous employment. Now, I want to prove my past workplace and past working period. What can I do?

  • 5
    Ask your former employer for a letter stating that you worked for them between date 1 and datw 2, Commented Jan 13, 2017 at 1:59
  • 1
    In the US we get a paystub that goes with our paycheck that show the breakout ( the tax they take out ). If you deposited your check in a bank, you could get your bank statements.
    – Neo
    Commented Jan 13, 2017 at 2:26
  • 1
    Do you mean earning statement? My old workplace pay employee from their HR and issue a letter (earning statement) for each month. It not pay through bank. Is that what you mean, @MisterPositive
    – K.Sopheak
    Commented Jan 13, 2017 at 2:32
  • 2
    Yep, that should do it.
    – Neo
    Commented Jan 13, 2017 at 2:33
  • 2
    I have written this India-specific answer, but it might be relevant to you.
    – Masked Man
    Commented Jan 13, 2017 at 2:45

2 Answers 2


Usually you should have a contract. If not you can use :

  • earning sheet provide by your company
  • statement from the HR that you worked in this company( if you were a decent employee there is no reason they would refuse this)
  • recommendation letter from someone of the company
  • your bank account receipt with the line where the company gives you a salary

You can also provide the email as it is a legal proof.

  • OP: "...but there is no documentation, just an email." LOL, the emails are the documentation. Besides, their HR will call the Co. HR. Commented Jan 14, 2017 at 0:40

Use your earning statements from the companies HR department.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .