This question already has an answer here:
I got a decent job offer and I really like the job, location, benefits, etc. I have plans scheduled though to fly to an in person interview in a less desirable location but for a similar job title and different company. It has been a week since I received my current job offer and I am pretty sure that I want to accept it and I think they want a decision soon. I can't guarantee that this interview that I am flying to will lead to a job offer and even if it does it may take some time. Plus I am not sure I want to work in that location anyways. Since flights haven't been scheduled yet for the interview should I back out and accept this offer? Or should I tell the company that offered me a job to give me some more time even though I am very sure I want to accept their offer? I don't want to be rude or waste anyone's time or resources (including mine, the interviewing company, and the job offered company). What should I do?