Although I am looking for job opportunities elsewhere, I am currently working under a manager who does the following at a workplace:
- stirs up drama by spreading rumors and talking behind people's back (and also caused one of my coworkers to quit)
- makes inappropriate jokes
- only surfs the internet and does very little work
- starts a task and then gives it to his employees with errors
- blames others for his mistakes
The following could be our employees' opinions, as stated by others in this community:
- he would say no to ideas or even essential tasks that requires him to do work (which affects the quality of our projects)
- does not open to suggestions; stubborn/close-minded
- sucks up to the boss (it's really hard for us to watch..)
- we believe the boss and other managers are aware of his behaviors, and unfortunately they are not doing anything about it.
How should I express my concerns to the individual without getting fired? Should I communicate my concerns with the boss directly and skip the communication with the manager? If they already knew about it, should I reiterate my concerns?
I really wish the company to do well, hence I want to address the issues before I take my career somewhere else.