in my workplace I have a line manager who reports into on overall manager. He in turn then reports to the division head, one below the MD. If I was to tender my resignation, who would I give it to?
If in doubt do the following
- Resign to the person who is in charge of performance reviews and gives you your rating.
- Do this in person
- Bring a resignation letter to the meeting. Nothing fancy, just statement of resignation and date.
- Give the letter to your manager during meeting
- Directly after the meeting send a copy of the letter to HR and any other manager who may be in the loop on this.
- If your manager asks you to do something else, just go along with that