I am currently interviewing for a company and waiting for an offer. Should I get the job, I plan to resign immediately from my current job given the required notice period.
The problem is that my boss has just offered me a promotion and it would look terrible (I think?) if I resigned immediately after the promotion.
On the other hand, I'm not sure if I'll get the new job so I wouldn't want my decline to raise any red flags. (Obviously if I don't get the new job, I'd want to have that promotion or at least continue working at my current job).
What should I do?