I have been facing few critical issues at my workplace just within three months of joining. The work environment has been so stressful and negative in both personal and professional aspects. I've described few scenarios below, I wanted to get some advice on should I stay and deal/try to solve the office politics and better resign immediately and search for another job.
1) There was a task assigned with a deadline of a week. A peer, person A, quietly finishes the task without notifying me at all. Next day he boasts that he finished the task all by himself and projected that I could not finish it in time. I still had a week to finish that task though. I was resolving few support tickets at that time. The managers feel that behavior is appropriate. Work allocations are random, any one comes to the desk and assigns works. My direct manager says these things can happen in a dynamic environment and fast-paced work place. I feel this is chaotic not dynamic.
2) When I ask my manager why there is no proper task allocations to the team, in spite of having a project management and task plan template, he gets furious and removed me in next development cycle.
3) I and other colleague have been working on a new feature. In a meeting with business users, person A claims the he is doing that work, and there is no sign of acknowledgement for us. The managers feel this is fine and there is nothing wrong in it. How can one person claim credit for the work done by other team members and it is shocking to know that managers do not see this as a problem.
4) When discussed with HR, she is totally clueless and trying to be neutral without actually taking any kind of initiative to resolve the issues.
5) In one of the team meetings, I was asked my opinion on a topic. I was told to "please shut up" even before I finished my words.
6) I took a day off stating I was too stressed out. My manager updated my HR that I've seen a medical doctor who certified that I had some stress induced disorder and that I needed some accommodations at work. I clarified to HR that this is totally rubbish.