This question already has an answer here:
This guy has joined organization recently. He is my boss's boss. He is nice guy, modest, honest, always takes team's favour. Only problem is he is very talk-i-tive.
- Whether you talk to this person on phone 1:1 or in meeting with 4-5 people he would raise his voice and frequently cut you in between.
- He doesnt understand the round table concept. If there is a question for you, after few seconds he will cut your turn in between and start talking. You'll show some etiquette and let him continue but he will continue for unbearable amount of time, round 'n' round on same thing.
- Whether you are senior to him or not he will cut your turn.
People have started avoiding him now, but since he is among few key people we have to participate in meeting, can't avoid him completely.
There are two solutions:
- People should raise louder than him and cut him in between. We have tried but it makes the whole place look like fish market. Also it is kinda rude also.
- Let him know that he should give fair chance to speak, but how? We have already given him hint so many times, we can not tell him directly he might take it in other way, may feel bad and the person could lose his job.