I'm a 3rd/4th year CS student. A year ago, i did a 3-month internship at a software company, and two months ago I got hired at another company as a Junior Developer for a trial period of three months. Back then, I had told them that I would be able to continue to work here part-time after the trial period. And I'm pretty sure they will want me to continue working for them. I recently realized two things:
- I don't think I'll manage to both work at this company and finish my degree
- I don't really enjoy this job (I want to try other things)
I'm probably going to quit and get a job that fits me better in two years, after I finish my degree. So, to finally ask my question(s):
- Will the two 3-month jobs seem as "job-hopping" to a potential employer?
- Am I unprofessional for changing my mind about working after the summer break?
- Can I use the facts that I'm still a student and that it's a trial period in my defense?