- I'm a software developer and project manager.
- I started my employment with this company straight from college.
- The company has paid for my apprenticeship, however there is nothing in my contract about giving time back.
- I have worked through a few positions in the company, and am now a main source of information for both internal and external support requests.
- Due to lack of time to create documentation, the last two years of projects have all the functionality knowledge stored in code and my head.
- EDIT I've been in my current role (Developer and Manager) for close to 3 years. I have been at the company for 4.5 years in total.
- EDIT2 I have only just (last month) completed the apprenticeship. This has been delayed by my employer as they prevented me attending college.
I'm starting to feel like the company has a once the apprentice, always the apprentice attitude. Due to this, I have started applying for jobs and have been approached by a few head hunters. I currently have an interview booked in the next couple of weeks, working for a family friends company, so I am pretty sure I will get the job.
I currently have a one month notice period, and I feel obliged to tell the company before I hand my notice in. I don't know why, I just do.
The question...Should I? Why? Why not?