1

I'm in the process of interviewing for other jobs while currently working a summer job at Company A. I have an interview tomorrow with Company B, however the following day I have a meeting with my current supervisor at Company A and her supervisor, as they are looking to extend my contract another 4 months.

I'm not against staying at Company A another 4 months, but I feel I could be getting more experience elsewhere (be it Company B, or otherwise). In any case, I certainly don't want to be out of a job in the fall, regardless of where I work, but I also don't want to commit to Company A before Company B has a chance to respond post interview.

How do I postpone my meeting with my supervisors at Company A until after I interview and get a response from Company B?

  • 2
    You can also take the opportunity of the meeting with company A to discuss career opportunities (such as long-term contract, or need of a more diverse experience) as it looks your job is going well. – ChrisR Jul 16 '18 at 14:05
1

There is no guarantee you will be offered a role with Combany B, so I would recommend you don't limit your options with Company A by telling them you are uninterested in extending your contract. You should always be open to be opportunities to advance yourself - I guarantee that most of your bosses are.

|improve this answer|||||
0

How do I postpone my meeting with my supervisors at Company A until after I interview and get a response from Company B?

Truth is, you don't need to. I think it would be of your best interest to go to both meetings.

They both take place on different days, so they don't conflict with each other. Also, by doing this you will be taking a safer move, as you will be able to compare which career path is best for you to take, without having to throw either option away before considering it.

After knowing more and learning about each option, you will be in a position to make a choice, but you spared yourself a negative situation in case this company B doesn't end up giving you an offer (in other words, 4 more months to calmly look for other job).

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.