I've been working in a small company for three years. Recently, I was asked to look for some other place of work. Our company has financial problems, that's why they decided to cut off on certain expenditures.
How to say about that in a winning manner, taking into consideration that I actually had a chance to stay?
Let me explain in a more detailed way:
- Our company had 6 programmers and 10 people in total.
- Once, when I was very tired after a sleepless night, I was incorrect to tell the senior programmer that I had thought about changing the workplace.
- About a week after, unfortunately for our firm, it turned out that the director failed to sign important contracts thus the company faced survival challenges.
- Director and the senior programmer had a conversation after which I was told to look for another job. (I was told the news in a friendly and polite manner).
- About 2 weeks later the senior programmer and the director had another conversation, after which I was told that there was actually some big piece of work for me for a long term. If I had the desire, I could have stayed. But I told them I would be able to stay only for a short term due to lack of motivation and the desire to use the chance of changing workplace to its full.
I'm not sure how to talk about this in an interview in a winning manner.