I'm currently job-hunting and I found that some companies (lets say around 15-20) that I had applied a long ago (~3+ months) still have those vacancies available and I wanted to re-apply to them but below is the conundrum that I'm facing
- As mentioned, I had previously applied to those companies either via E-Mail or their Job Portals.
- However, I was rejected either post 1 or more interviews (These were very positive for both me as well as them) OR got a response from the recruiters via email, sometimes from their personal IDs / via the applicant tracking systems saying the same thing.
- So to get a better chance, I've up-skilled myself to some of the latest technologies (I've also made some projects using this new know-how) to enhance my profile as well as stay relevant.
- I've also waited for more than 3-6 months for all of them so as to remain polite because I believe I wouldn't like to be spammed myself were I a recruiter.
- Could someone please tell me now what'd be the best way to go , i.e:
a. Do I send a fresh application with my updated resume, cover letter in a handcrafted email (I've used http://bit.ly/2Dh9TCN to draft a suitable one explaining my previous application & why I'm a better prospect now due to point no.3 above) to each of the recruiter(s) of the respective companies?
b. Or do I reapply via their job portals using my new data?
c. Or is sending them a message via LinkedIn a better idea?
d. Or do I do any of the above in a sequential manner with a wait period of say 1-2 weeks in between?
Note: In any case, I believe I should mention that we've interacted before only to be rejected (I'll mention that positively, of course :P) or should I skip on that altogether?
Kindly pardon me if this question has been repeated anywhere on this forum (As far I could search, it wasn't) & let me know if any more data is required to answer this better.
Any help will be much appreciated, cheers! :)