I have an interview with the president of the company I interviewed for 2 weeks ago, so it's the second round interview. The dates and times they gave me were over a range of 4 days, but OF COURSE, it's literally the only 4 days I'm out of town at a conference and unavailable (I had this planned over 2 months ago... + or - 1 day and I'm there... a huge bummer, really.) I am crafting an email, but I just want some advice on what I should/shouldn't include:
- I really like this job, and I'm willing to reschedule my flight, but Im also wondering if it's worth asking still. Of course I'd rather NOT reschedule my flight and pay $200, since this was booked over 2 months ago. Do I make the decision now, pay the $200 to reschedule, pick a date, and go for it or..
- Should I mention that I have the conference, ask for a different day as soon as possible (I'm literally free any day other than those 4), but then state that "if this doesn't work, I'm more than willing to accomodate to the interview schedule and schedule for ____. Please let me know." Does this sound too unnecessary? Do I only ask for a reschedule, and not include the "but if not parts..."?
The only reason I feel so apprehensive about it is I really, really like this job, and I don't want to do anything to hurt my chances, and I feel like I am by asking for a reschedule. For context, this is an entry level job for a college student like me graduating in May. It's a smaller company (about 100 employees total). The people were very nice, and my first interview couldn't have gone better.