I'm an undergraduate student at an overseas campus of a university that's not based where I am. If everything went well, I'd graduate around this august and when contacted by a recruiter, I'd asked them to wait, since I wanted to finish school.
Unfortunately due to some timetabling issues, the final modules that I needed to complete don't seem to be available this term. I've asked my local campus admin team if there's any options to do the modules sooner, perhaps at the main campus, or as an external student.
I'm wondering, should I not have any alternatives if I should e mail the recruiter, mention what's happening and get the interview process started while waiting for next term. While this certainly isn't something I had foreseen. This would let me use these 4 months productively, and I'd need to tell the possible prospective employer of the delay anyway. What should I be doing, to look as professional as possible, while trying to sort out what's obviously a boondoggle?