- My manager emailed me about a potential client who might be hiring us to do test automation as well as security testing before my manager went onto her holiday.
- I am meeting this client to discuss test automation scopes this Friday.
- I have had some experience in security testing but officially I am a test automation guy.
- We have a security test specialist but he is not locally based and he is extremely busy.
- I want to ask this client about security testing scopes as well during our meeting, but I am unsure if this is within my responsibilities. From what I can see, I may bring more business into our company but it looks like I am stepping out of the line.
I want to email my manager and ask her about it if she does not object I will bring it up during our meeting.
Or I do not do anything at all.